Parent Council meeting minutes
What is our Parent Council for?
* To promote a more informal layer for communication between school and parents
* To work alongside and support the Governing Body particularly in relation to policies that directly affect their children
* To provide a forum to help facilitate parent participation and involvement
* To help increase parent understanding and provide explanations regarding new initiatives
* Meetings take place once per half term.
Terms of Reference
The following terms of reference were agreed at our first meeting in 2009:
* To be an active part of the whole school community
* To use the information and guidance to support pupil’s health, wellbeing, happiness and overall success
* To be involved in reviewing / or developing key policies
* To work in collaborative partnership with the school
Parents were invited to think about a mission statement and the following statement was agreed in 2009.
‘To work closely with the Headteacher, Governing Body and Teaching Staff to ensure that the voice of parents and carers continues to influence the important partnership between school and home’
Next Meeting - Monday 9th May @ 9.30 am
Below are some links that you may find useful.
We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience. Whilst we make every effort to ensure the quality of these links, The Middleton School is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.
It's been a year since N started Middleton. He has regained his self-esteem and confidence. He is learning so much and has friends. Sending our son to Middleton was one of the best decisions we could have made.