The children in Middle School are learning about the Vikings. Here are some links to video clips which will support learning.
Who were the Vikings?
Where did the Vikings come from?
The children in Middle School love to be active, here are some great Action Songs. Why not have a go together?
Next term the children in Middle School are due to be learning about rivers in their local area. Here are some ideas if you would like to have a look at the topic with your children in advance:
- Take your child to a local river and have a nice walk along it. Which direction is it flowing? How do you know? A game of ‘Pooh sticks’ is always fun!
- Observe the wildlife that lives near or on the river.
- Pop on a pair of wellie boots and have a paddle if it’s safe to do so.
- Consider the different uses of the river e.g. transport, leisure, flood control.
- Think about the journey of a river and introduce the terms ‘mouth’, ‘source’, ‘tributary’. Check out the ‘Pooh Bear’ smartboard which tracks the River Lee.
- This video clip follows the River Forth from source to sea https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z8jtfg8.
World Book Day
The children in Middle School have enjoyed celebrating World Book Day. The children shared their favourite stories and wrote about them. The staff also dressed up and shared their favourite books. The children came to school dressed as different book characters and looked amazing! They all proudly modelled their outfits on a catwalk!!